JaxReady— brought to you by the Emergency Preparedness Division and Information Technologies Division of the City of Jacksonville, Florida— will help you monitor weather threats and plan for evacuation in the event of a natural disaster. JaxReady provides access to current threat levels, weather reports, and wildfire updates, as well as up-to-the-minute news feeds for emergency preparedness and evacuation.
- GPS functionality for locating your Evacuation Zone
- Current Emergency (EOC) Activation Level, Weather Threat Level, and Fire Danger Index based upon your geolocation
- Links to special needs registration for those with special medical needs during an evacuation
- Weather and fire news
- Weather, wildfire, and drought index maps
Make a plan today. Your family may not be together if a disaster strikes, so it is important to know which types of disasters could affect your area and plan accordingly. Know how you’ll contact one another and reconnect if separated. Establish a family meeting place that’s familiar and easy to find. Identify the information resources, supplies, and procedures that are specific to your family. The City of Jacksonville Emergency Family Plan will help you prepare for all of this and more!
Download the plan at this link!
- Fill in the information in the plan. Add other important information to suit your family’s circumstances.
- Keep this plan with your emergency supply kit, along with copies of any critical documents like health insurance information and insurance policies.
- Make sure every family member has the most important contact information available to them and knows where to locate a copy of the emergency family plan.
- Practice, practice, practice your evacuation plan, fire safety plan, and other plans to keep your family safe.
Does your business or other enterprise maintain a Business Continuity Plan
? The development, integration and maintenance of continuity considerations and capabilities is a shared responsibility of the whole community, and helps build a more resilient nation equipped to sustain essential functions, deliver critical services and stabilize community lifelines under all conditions. Download the template by clicking this hyperlink!
This template has been developed by the City of Jacksonville Emergency Preparedness Division and incorporates elements provided by Ready.gov
The intent is to provide a wide array of planning tools and considerations; not all components of this template may be applicable to your organization or business. This document is designed to address a wide audience.
The Duval County Preparedness and Response Guide highlights life-saving information for residents in all times of disaster.
For translation into other languages, the full text of the 2021-2022 guide is at this hyperlink for translation into 79 different languages (please utilize the Google Translate button at the top of the website).
Click here to download a PDF version of the 2021-2022 Emergency Preparedness Guide
Haga clic aquí para descargar una versión en PDF de la Guía de preparación para emergencias 2020-2021 en Español