Cyberattacks are malicious attempts to access or damage a computer or network system. Cyberattacks can lead to loss of money, theft of personal, financial and medical information that can damage your reputation and safety.
Cyberattacks can occur in many ways, including:
- Accessing your personal computers, mobile phones, gaming systems and other internet and Bluetooth connected devices.
- Damaging your financial security, including identity theft.
- Blocking your access or deleting your personal information and accounts.
- Targeting children and adults.
- Complicating your employment, business services, transportation and power grid.